Office Administrator – permanent, part-time, based in Bethnal Green, London
Salary – £ Competitive
Riot Communications is a multi-award-winning arts and culture PR agency working across publishing, exhibitions, theatre, film and TV. We are looking for an exceptional and experienced Office Administrator to join our energetic team.
About the role:
You will be responsible for the general administrative duties required to help support the smooth running of the office, and will be required to provide assistance to the rest of the team as required.
To provide general administrative support including, but not exclusive to:
- Answering phone calls politely and promptly – you are the front line of the company – dealing with enquiries, message taking
- Providing IT support to the team and troubleshooting IT problems
- Managing post efficiently – incoming and out-going.
- Keeping meeting agendas and writing meeting minutes as appropriate
- General photocopying/scanning
- Accurately booking couriers, travel and accommodation for team members and clients when required
- Co-ordinating mailings
- Renewing licenses
- Managing office budgets and petty cash – handling sales and purchase invoices for the book keeper, depositing of monies
- Liaising with staff and suppliers including cleaners, couriers, book keeper, IT helpdesk and building management staff
- Using Microsoft office packages, Dropbox and other pieces of administrative software
- Managing personnel records, including holiday and sick leave
- Greeting clients/journalists as they arrive
- Booking meeting rooms and providing refreshments, setting up AV equipment
- Proactively ordering stationery and other office supplies as required
- Distributing newspapers on a daily basis among the team
- Some PA duties to the MD of the company and Associate Director as required, including co-ordinating diaries, arranging meetings, booking appointments
You will have a professional demeanour, both in person and over the phone; will be calm under pressure; have exceptional attention to detail; have outstanding multi-tasking skills; be super organised and dependable and a proactive, can-do approach. You will be unafraid of hard work and will enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Problem solving skills
- At least a year’s previous office-based clerical, secretarial or commercial work experience is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft packages and Dropbox experience
- Excellent command of written and oral English
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a covering letter explaining why you should be our next employee, including your current salary and notice period. Only candidates invited to interview will receive a reply. Deadline for applications is 5pm, Monday 20th March 2017.