Permanent, based in London, with a mix of WFH and office days.
Salary – £ Competitive
Riot specialises in culture and entertainment PR because, like our clients, we want to make a positive impact in the world. We are purpose and integrity driven: we passionately believe that both culture and entertainment help promote empathy, creativity, respect for others and joy. We are guided by the four principles of the Riot ethos: intelligence, passion, collaboration and disruption which drives everything we do: from the clients we choose to work with, how we deliver our work and who we hire.
We work with some of the best creatives in the world – writers, artists, actors and visionaries – and our clients include Aardman, the Costa Book Awards, the London Review of Books, Moomin Characters, Penguin Random House, Rebel Girls, the Royal Exchange Theatre and the Royal Institution, plus talent including Matt Haig, Nova Reid and Mya-Rose Craig aka Birdgirl.
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to employing a diverse workforce. We actively support BME PR Pros, the Taylor Bennett Foundation and Women in PR. We are fully accredited with The Blueprint diversity mark and have been awarded the GOLD standard by Investors in People. We are actively seeking a diverse pool of candidates for this role.
About the role:
You will play a key role in the running of Riot Communications both on a day-to-day basis and with regards our long-term strategy. You will set the bar exceptionally high for what a campaign should look like and will lead on the strategy, creative and delivery of our campaigns. You will manage senior members of the campaigns team, motivating, coaching and inspiring them to deliver exceptional work for our clients, as well as overseeing their own development and career progression. You will contribute to us meeting our new business targets, helping to find and win high-margin new clients in line with our new business criteria. You will be a forward-thinking, commercially driven, passionate, enthusiastic, energetic, ambassador for Riot, who will share and champion the vision, culture and ethos of the company. You will adhere to and define agency processes and procedures, as well as assisting in their continued improvement.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and values-led agency in a senior role/at a senior level and to play a part in shaping its long-term future.
- Being a senior contact for client accounts: a trusted advisor, professional friend, adding value to client relationships and providing high level strategic counsel.
- Proactive identification of PR opportunities for clients and stakeholders.
- Providing recommendations and identifying opportunities to grow accounts and playing a proactive role in terms of proposal development and pitching.
- Driving the editorial strategy of content pitches and new campaigns in a range of media including social media.
- Addressing and managing potential risks for clients/campaigns and developing crisis communication strategies and plans.
- Directing, executing, and supporting campaigns, including:
- devising and implementing strategy
- providing creative input
- client liaison
- ensuring delivery of high-quality campaigns that come in on budget
- interrogating client briefs, by challenging and asking questions
- supporting and directing the strategic development of a campaign
- Leading, inspiring, coaching and nurturing the campaigns team.
- Motivating and mentoring campaign directors and other team members.
- Analysing team-related financial and capacity data to manage team capacity.
- Driving training and development within the campaigns team, in line with overall company strategy.
- Working with the SLT to help to grow the agency, specifically by winning new business and helping to develop new revenue streams, with tasks including:
- pitch preparations
- quote calculations
- drafting of proposal documents
- presenting to prospects
- Contributing to agency marketing activities/initiatives including preparing award entries.
Talent and client management
Social Media content implementation and management
Excellent command of written and oral English
A minimum of six years’ PR experience, with at least some of that time spent at an agency
Strong, effective, inspiring leadership and management skills
First-rate ability to think critically and provide clear, strategic direction
Highly developed people and team management skills
Excellent interpersonal, client relationship and presentation skills
Excellent media relations, reputation and crisis management knowledge and skills
Results driven and outcome focused
Creative thinker and first-class writer
The selection process:
We are seeking creative individuals with an ambition to succeed and develop in the PR industry. Your enthusiasm for working at Riot Communications, your flair, can-do attitude and strong work ethic will be evident in your application. You will have at least six years’ experience in a public relations role, with agency experience.
First interviews will take place online. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a covering letter explaining why you should be our next employee, including your current salary and notice period by 5pm Friday 8th April 2022. All applicants will receive a reply and a full Job description for this position.
Please include ‘Application for Associate Director role’ in the subject header.
Deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 8th April 2022.
Summary of main terms and conditions:
Job title: Associate Director
Location: Riot Communications, Studio 404, The Pill Box, 115 Coventry Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 6GG. We offer flexible working, with staff welcome to work from home on certain days of the week.
Hours: Full time 9.00am to 6.00pm, Monday to Friday
Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays