Campaigns Executive – permanent
Salary – competitive
Are you looking to further your career in the PR industry? Do you want to expand your experience in public relations? Are you passionate about culture and entertainment? Riot Communications is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic self-starter to be a part of our team.
About Riot Communications:
Riot specialises in culture and entertainment PR because, like our clients, we want to make a positive impact in the world. We are purpose and integrity driven: we passionately believe that both culture and entertainment help promote empathy, creativity, respect for others and joy. We are guided by the four principles of the Riot ethos: intelligence, passion, collaboration and disruption which drives everything we do: from the clients we choose to work with, how we deliver our work and who we hire. We work with some of the best creatives in the world – writers, artists, actors and visionaries. Clients include Penguin Random House, Aardman, Mammoth Screen, DeepMind, Moomin Characters, The Astrid Lindgren Company, London Review of Books, and the Royal Society. Recent work includes: hosting A-list talent such as Jennifer Saunders, Taron Egerton and Rosamund Pike at the world premiere of Moominvalley in Finland; securing Stormzy for the annual #PenguinPresents showcase at the London Palladium; masterminding the launch of the new book by the legendary Philip Pullman; getting more kids into science promoting the annual Christmas Lectures on the BBC; and finding the most exciting new fiction voice of the year.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We actively support BME PR Pros, the Taylor Bennett Foundation and Women in PR. We welcome a diverse pool of candidates and are committed to a diverse workforce. We take the well-being of our team extremely seriously and are guided by our well-being in the workplace principles, including, for example, access to an Employee Assistance Programme and Wellness Action Plans.
About the role:
You will be assisting the team on the execution of various PR campaigns, as well as implementing campaigns independently as appropriate. You will assist with the agency’s own publicity and marketing strategy, creating content for and keeping our digital channels up to date. You will receive on-the-job training, the responsibility and opportunity to deliver projects and a one-to-one line manager to help guide your development.
Examples of campaign responsibilities:
- Media, influencer, client and talent relations
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of creative campaigns
- Drafting of press materials
- Attending regular journalist meetings and growing your contacts book
- Organising and implementing event and press trip logistics
- Social media content creation
- Participating in new business activities, for example, contributing to creative
brainstorms and helping to put presentations/pitches together
- Media monitoring and management of press cuttings
- Creating and formatting media coverage reports for our clients
- Creating activity reports for our clients
- Producing mailing lists using our Gorkana media database
- Press release distribution – mailing of press releases to relevant individuals and
outlets via our media database
- Keeping project meeting agendas, transcribing meeting notes and taking meeting
minutes as appropriate
- Managing launch/event invite lists including mailings and RSVPs
- Keeping campaign budget spreadsheets up to date
Examples of agency PR and marketing responsibilities:
- Working with the MD to create content for and update the agency’s monthly online
- Operating the content management system of the agency’s website to update the
site on a regular basis
- Creating content for and regularly updating Riot’s social media channels
You will have at least one to two years’ experience of public relations experience, either in-house or at an agency. You will have a clear idea of why you work in this industry and what you bring to it. You will be a highly motivated, passionate, curious and solutions oriented individual; have exceptional attention to detail; have outstanding multi-tasking skills; be super organised and dependable and have a proactive, can-do approach. You will be unafraid of hard work and mucking in and will enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced, creative environment. You will have a natural curiosity for the media and be interested in the ways brands harness consumer trends, culture and current affairs to communicate and influence customers. You will be a digital native and feel very comfortable running social media accounts, for example.
- Media relations
- Organisational skills
- Copywriting skills
- Communication skills
- Social media content creation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Efficiency in managing tasks, working under pressure and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages and Dropbox
- Excellent command of written and oral English
The selection process:
We are seeking creative individuals with an ambition to succeed in the PR industry. Your enthusiasm for working at Riot Communications, your flair, can-do attitude and strong work ethic will be evident in your application. You will have at least one to two years’ experience in a public relations role, either in-house or in an agency.
Initial interviews will take place online. Only candidates invited to interview will receive a reply.
To apply please send us your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com. Please include ‘Application for Executive’ in the subject header.
Deadline for applications is 5pm, Monday 5th October 2020.
Summary of main terms and conditions:
Job title: Campaigns Executive
Location: Riot Communications, Studio 113, The Pill Box, 115 Coventry Road, Bethnal Green, London, E2 6GG. Currently working from home.
Hours: Full time 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
Holiday: 25 days plus bank holidays